Sunday, January 3, 2010

Resolution Woes

I love people who make New Years resolutions. I love hearing/reading about what their new goals are for the next 12 months as they pray that it will help to make "a better year." I, personally, haven't made any resolutions in a couple of years and I intend to keep it that way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a downer and I'm not trying to break the tradition of setting fun or important goals for myself, but I have a whole little common-sensed theory on it all:

Only YOU can make the next year better.
 Thought I was going to say, "prevent forest fires?" Au contraire, although it is true. Stop hoping for things to get better. The only thing that changes is the year. The Earth doesn't reset on it's axis realigning with the rest of the universe in order to magically make a magnetic vortex which attracts positive energy. Wow, that was a mouthful (or fingertip full).


So, setting goals is great and fun, but they're only going to happen if you make them happen. Same thing with hoping 2010 is better than 2009. It's only going to be better if you make it better. Think positively, put yourself in an emotionally better place and then 2010 will be as amazing as you make it!


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment