Saturday, February 27, 2010

Zappos Has Won My Heart

Yes, I know. Oh, look - a girl writing about shoes, blah blah, shut up. Let me say this:

Purses and shoes, my weakness. I don't know why I never really ordered off of Zappos before. They ship both ways for free (both meaning, if you need to return or exchange it's at no cost to you, the consumer), and they're available 24/7 either by phone, email or live chat. 

I recently purchased a pair of Sperry Top-Siders from them and I know I wasn't going to pay shipping, but to send them overnight for free?! I'm in! I'm not used to online shoe stores doing exchanges due to the fact that the size you need to exchange to may not be in stock, but Zappos WILL exchange. Since I didn't know that until after the fact, I shipped the shoes back to Zappos and ordered the shoe in a smaller size, which again, I received the following day for free.


I noticed on the smaller pair of shoes that there was a smudge on the top of the shoe (which is white canvas). It wasn't worth returning them for, but I did feel like I should at least let them know, so I wrote an email to their support team making them aware of it and suggesting that it may have happened at the factory (Sperry) as opposed to anything Zappos did since the box and wrapping they came in didn't seem to be tampered with at all.
Confession: After wearing them for a full day, I wish I had returned them as they're still too big. A shoe that you need a full-size smaller of? Ugh.

I received an email back 24 hours later of them apologizing and giving me a coupon for my next order AND signing me up for their VIP program which will insure free overnight delivery for all of my future orders. 

Way to go, Zappos! You have my vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment