Sunday, March 14, 2010

True Happiness

I can't imagine living anywhere else besides here in Florida (at least at this point), but I've also finally come to terms with being able to admit that aside from a boat load of good beach days, I'm not happy at all. 
There are a LOT of people that I've come into contact with throughout this 7 year stint here and they all say the same thing: weather is great, people suck. Yes, I know, I know. It makes me miss the great friends I have in New York - the people whom I'm truly happy around. I noticeably feel like a completely different person with them than I do here, and that's not to discount the few friends I have here. I'm happy to spend time with anyone who has substance!


With that said, I booked my trip to New York for this year's Odiepalooza! Three days of sleeping in a tent, no showering, peeing behind trees, beer, dirt, music and the people who I can honestly say I love.

The real point of this post is for me to physically note how lucky I am to have been able to be with those people so much in these past few months. I was able to see my best friend on my annual October trip, I was flown back up by our wonderful friends for New Years 2010, she drove 3 hours to see me in Boston in January for my birthday and now soon again in mid-July!
While part of me is beating myself up for spending the $260 (JetBlue only, sorry) on travel at this time with my world slowly crumbling around me, the rest of me is reminding myself that you can't put a price on happiness. And they're what truly makes me happy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment