Friday, July 30, 2010

Allah is our Protector

I've seen this van a few times driving locally.  I believe in freedom of speech, and more importantly, I'm pretty much agnostic so I don't care who you/what believe in, but what I'm not sure if I quite understand is this (look closely):



Notice it?  Well, yes, the obvious and maybe disturbing "ALLAH IS OUR PROTECTOR" sticker, but moreover, the middle sticker above it is a USMC sticker.  Now, I get America stands for tolerance and acceptance of everyone's personal beliefs, but at this time, is it not ironic?  Maybe I've got it all wrong, but we're fighting a war on terrorism - Al Qaeda's main focus (if I have it correctly) to be rid of anything that's non-Islamic. 

It could just be me, but at the same time, this person is driving around hickville and if I'm asking questions about it then I'm surprised this car is still in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment