Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"I feel like an 'ant marching.' We're all like ants marching right now."

Ah, yes.  No fancy blog openings, no build-up.  Point blank: I was treated to my first ever Dave Matthews Band concert experience last night and it was just as amazing as I had anticipated.

My best friend makes things happen for me.  Now, with her most recent (and best) boyfriend, together they make even more things happen for me.  This is obviously one of those things.  Dave's music is truly spectacular and works of art - each piece.  The key changes, the lyrics: He always has a story to tell and people listen.  Those who don't listen only don't listen because so many do, and that's okay.  More for us.

I've had my own setlist written in my mind.  I wanted "Stay or Leave," "Captain," "Louisiana Bayou," "Laying in the Hands of God," "Don't Drink the Water," "Seven," "Alligator Pie," "You and Me," "Bartender," so many more to name, most of which were played!  We left before the encore, but that's okay - I was just so happy to be there.  

I wanted so badly for him to play  "Stay or Leave," but I thought my chances were very slim.  I just wanted to dance with my best friend to this song as the lyrics are some of my favorite.  Lo and behold, it was his 2nd or 3rd song of the set.  Talk about my night!

I'll be living off this for a while... and I'm okay with that.


"Remember when we used to dance and everyone wanted to be you and me? I want to be, too." -Dave Matthews, "Stay or Leave."

1 comment: