Tuesday, July 27, 2010

PMS Rant Session: Volume 1

My blog, I can rant if I want to, and today, we're going to touch back on the subject of irony.


In short, I'm actually exerting the effort to get to know someone. I keep in touch, I ask to make plans - whatever time works for them is good for me. I listen to them ramble on about stuff I don't know about and I can hardly get a word in edgewise. Enough about me, anyway, right?
Scenario: Sports bar, 2 for 1 drinks.
Conversation: Dating.
After some talk back and forth about the subject, he said something about my coming out with him for a drink. He said something about it being a good idea. Yeah, a good idea I had, just like the other two times we hung out. I boldly told him how it's usually me initiating everything. I think I even went so far as to tell him that I'm not doing it anymore. He obviously has no idea about my track record in dating. I never put forth effort, at least not for long. 
Not 5 minutes later, did he tell me how his sister told him to date as much as possible, so that's what he's trying to do - even though not all of the dates ever go anywhere. Apparently my expression and body language immediately changed because he asked me what was on my mind and what he said wrong.
Nothing! You said/did nothing wrong, but now I know that I shouldn't be putting forth that much effort when I'm obviously not getting it in return. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I don't date. This is most likely to be continued.


In other news, why bother being the good friend when even those who do wrong get praised? It almost makes my friendship feel discounted. Think of a 10 year old doing exactly what you tell them not to because they know they'll get your attention when they do it. I almost want to be a douche just to make them realize how good they had it. What a downer!


/Rant.


Period, commence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment